Travel, Learn and Experience with Dr. Ray Bakke and other key voices in the Middle East.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
• This course will introduce you to the ancient and modern churches of the Middle East in their historic contexts.
• We will start in Cairo, Egypt because that is where nearly 70% of all Christians in all Arab countries live, serve and worship.
• So while we plan visits to Pharonic, Jewish, and Islamic Cairo, the primary focus will be interacting with Christians and their leaders.
• That will be our pattern in Jordan, Israel and Palestine as well. Without question we will also visit some historic sites from the life of Jesus in Bethlehem, Jerusalem and Galilee, but also engage the Christians struggling for peace and justice in Israel and Palestine.
• We will be in dialogue with leaders (descendants of all Abraham’s children; Jews, Christians and Muslims) with differing perspectives on contemporary issues.
• $2,950 for students
• $2,950 for educational tourists
• Covered: All meals, all hotels, in-course flight Cairo to Jordan, all entrance fees, 2 visas into Jordan and Israel, all tips, ground transportation.
(except from airport/hotel both ways), all meals, in-course flight Cairo to Jordan, all entrance fees, the 2 visa into Jordan and Israel, tips, and administration.
• Not covered: the $15 Egypt visa (obtained at the airport upon arrival) and the taxi transfer between the airport and hotel.
TO SIGN UP:
• All trip/course fees are paid to Ray Bakke Associates. Contact Carol Quinlan at 360-927-5744 or email@example.com to make arrangements.
• For academic credit – contact your Registrar’s Office. Tuition will be paid directly to your school.
• Both students/travelers – Contact Carol Quinlan at 360-927-5744 or firstname.lastname@example.org to secure your space. Course expected to fill.
• Registration deadline: September 15, 2013
• If taking for academic credit, a syllabus can be sent upon request.
• Professor of Record: Dr. Ray Bakke
For more information: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&ved=0CEAQFjAD&url=http%3A%2F%2Fuuc.edu%2Fimages%2Fnews%2FOrthodox%2520Alaska%25202013.pdf&ei=2GX4Udj-Ao_OyAG16YHQDQ&usg=AFQjCNHX8vVqv0DIy3xndG9YSZs0OytMHw&sig2=YLWZ_wCtk7iGj8ZgCPc94w&bvm=bv.49967636,d.aWc)