St. Vladimir’s will hold its annual Open House, and Orthodox Education Day (OED) on Saturday, October 6, 2012. This year’s theme will be “Inklings of Glory: Godward Journeys with Lewis and Tolkien,” and features of the day will include:
• Lecture: “J.R.R. Tolkien,” by Dr. Christopher Mitchell, Director of the Marion E. Wade Center
• Lecture: “C.S. Lewis,” by Priest Andrew Cuneo, Ph.D.
• Young People’s Workshop: “The Hunger Games,” by Kate Behr, D.Phil.
• Worship: Divine Liturgy and Akathist
• Icon Displays: Saints of the British Isles & Weeping Icon of St. Anna
• Performances: Sacred Choral Music & National Dance (including Irish Step!)
• Delectable ethnic foods
For more information go to the St. Vladimir Orthodox Education Day website.
Download the St. Vladimir Seminary Orthodox Education Day flyer (pdf).