The 110th anniversary of the consecration of Holy Trinity Temple of Wilkeson, WA will be commemorated with an Hierarchical Divine Liturgy celebrated by His Eminence, Archbishop Benjamin of San Francisco and the West, and with Archpriest John Pierce, rector of Holy Trinity Church and Holy Resurrection Church, Tacoma, WA, and other Orthodox clergy from throughout the region. A celebration will follow.
Holy Trinity Temple is listed on both national and state historical registers. The Temple continues to serve the community on special occasions and feast days, as regular services are now held at the larger Holy Resurrection Church.
Founded in 1896, the parish ministered to the coal mining community in the Cascade Mountain foothills of southeast Pierce County, approximately 45 miles southeast of Seattle. Built in 1900, Holy Trinity Church was consecrated in 1902 by Bishop Saint Tikhon [Belavin] of the Aleutians and North America, who later returned to Russia where in 1917 he was elected Patriarch of Moscow. In 1925, he died as a confessor of the faith, a victim of the Soviet government’s anti-Church policies. Read detailed parish history.
To assist in financing the restoration and maintenance of historic Holy Trinity Church, post cards depicting the church in 2011 and the 1910-20 era and icon cards of Saint Tikhon are available at $1.00 each. Please send check or money order to Holy Resurrection Church, PO Box 1332, Puyallup, WA 98371.