Source: Orthodox Christian Laity
Local advocates are needed. Are you interested in being the Orthodox Christian Unity advocate in your parish community?
If you are committed to the canonical order of an autocephalous, unified Orthodox Church in the USA, you can help this become a reality by:
- Becoming the “go-to person” in your community for the latest information on this topic;
- Networking with other parish advocates to develop ideas for ways to inform your fellow parishioners;
- Assisting your local clergy association to develop pan-Orthodox programs within your community;
- Providing clergy and parishioners with up-to-date information;
- Organizing information sessions for parishioners in your community and in neighboring communities.
Like-minded unity advocates need to know and reinforce each other, and brainstorm together. OCL will assist you as a clearinghouse by providing contact details of like-minded individuals. In addition, OCL will provide news about current developments from valuable resources like assemblyofbishops.org and ocl.org. We want to create a grassroots network so that you can be in touch with each other and multiply the impact of your efforts.
If you are interested in being a parish “go-to person” or in serving this effort in some way, click on the “Join Now” button below, so that we can add you to the grassroots network and put you in touch with other advocates. For more information, send any questions to [email protected].
Let’s work and reason together to increase awareness at the local parish level.
And remember, Orthodox Unity is not only about getting our house in order, about breaking down the walls that divide us and hinder our Christian mission. Unity is also and especially about fulfilling the Great Commission of our Lord: to make disciples of all nations, to baptize and teach them to obey what Jesus commanded (Matthew 28:19-20), so that all may know the Truth and be partakers of His kingdom.