Source: Orthodox Christian Laity
Hope to see you at the OCL 29th Annual Meeting!
November 17-20, 2016
MAKE YOUR HOTEL RESERVATIONS: Call 801-890-1280
OCL rate $119.00 until October 15.
Hyatt Place Salt Lake City / Cottonwood, 3090 E 6200 S, Salt Lake City, Utah 84121
We have two relevant and important topics to consider. They will be presented by two distinguished Orthodox Christian theologians and devout parishioners of their parish families.
Host Parish: St Anna Greek Orthodox Church, 3015 E Creek Road, Cottonwood Heights, UT 84093.
FRIDAY EVENING, November 18 following Vespers: Professor Helen Theodoropoulos will present and have us consider: “To each is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good (1 Cor 12:7) – Serving together the Body of Christ”.
SATURDAY MORNING, November 19, Professor Elizabeth Prodromou will consider: “The Day After the Holy and Great Council: Process, Outcomes, and Transformation”.
Metropolitan Isaiah, Archbishop Nathaniel and Archbishop Benjamin will offer comments on these topics.
We should all be energized to consider how we move forward to finalize the creation of a Unified, Self-Governing Orthodox Church in the United States.
Read more about the Annual Meeting here.
1. We need to all speak a common language (English)
2. Our Prayer Books/Liturgy Books/all literature need to be the same and come from one bookstore.
3. Our Liturgy must be conducted in the same manner (example; Russian Orthodox sing Lord’s Prayer and Creed – All other churches have entire parish “say” it.
3. All prayers and Liturgy MUST BE uniformed (ex: Prayer to Holy Spirit – come and DWELL/LIVE/ABIDE in us – which is it). Also different churches make their collections at different times)
4. ALL Bishops AND Patriarchs need to work as ONE (One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church)