Dear Media Representatives,
Preparations for the Holy and Great Council, the first after the East-West Schism of 1053, are entering their final stretch. The Council already attracts international interest and a multitude of journalists from all over the world are expected to travel to Crete, Greece in June.
Applications for press accreditation began today May 24, 2016 and will remain open until June 6. They will be processed online only through the official website www.holycouncil.org.
Please note that the Holy and Great Council will meet in Crete June 19-26, 2016. A press center, which will provide access to Wi-Fi, will be available to the media as a courtesy, but all other accommodations and services will be the responsibility of the media outlet. As other details become finalized, they will be posted on the website above.
To cover the Holy and Great Council a Press accreditation card is necessary. Media outlets must submit their application at this link https://www.holycouncil.org/media It is important that you read all the information in this communication before proceeding to the application form.
Accreditation will commence on Tuesday, 24 May 2016.
Submitting an application through our website does not denote approval. Security clearances and space availability will impact the accreditation process.
You will be notified regarding the approval or denial of your application.
To prepare your application, please note the following:
- For media outside of Greece: Passport information and date of birth are required for each applicant.
- For Greek media: A copy of your Identity Card as issued by the Hellenic Republic is required for each applicant.
- Press Card Information and expiration date are required for each journalist.
- A 5cm x 5cm (2-inch x 2-inch) passport-sized photo in jpg format for each individual is required.
- A photocopy (pdf or jpg file) of each individual’s passport is required.
- A photocopy (pdf or jpg file) of an official press card is requested.
- Each media outlet must submit a letter of assignment, which includes every individual associated with that outlet – freelancers and staff. Your application is not considered complete until receipt of your letter of assignment, and incomplete applications will not be considered for accreditation.
- Fields marked with an asterisk are required for the successful submission of the application.