The aggressive anti-Christian actions of the Obama administration are real, documented and escalating. We must STOP anti-Christian actions like these:
1. January 2010 — Department of Defense orders removal of tiny Bible references on military scopes and gunsights.
2. June 2011 — The Department of Veterans Affairs forbids references to God and Jesus during burials at National Cemetery.
3. August 2011 — The Air Force stops teaching the Just War theory because it is based on a philosophy of St. Augustine.
4. September 2011 — Air Force Chief of Staff prohibits commanders from notifying airmen of religious programs.
5. September 2011 — The Army issues Walter Reed Medical Center guidelines stipulating that no religious items (i.e. Bibles, reading materials and/or tracts) are to be given to the wounded.
6. November 2011 — The Air Force Academy rescinds support for Operation Christmas Child because it is run by Christians.
7. November 2011 — The Air Force Academy pays $80,000 for a Stonehenge-type worship center for pagans, druids, and witches.
8. February 2012 — The U.S. Military Academy at West Point disinvites three-star Army general, decorated war hero, and FRC Executive Vice President, Lt. Gen. (Ret.) William “Jerry” Boykin, because he is an outspoken Christian.
9. February 2012 — The Army orders Catholic chaplains not to read archbishop’s letter to soldiers.
10. May 2012 — The Obama administration opposes legislation to protect the rights of conscience for military chaplains who do not wish to perform same-sex “marriages.”
11. June 2012 — Obama administration revokes the long-standing U.S. policy of allowing military service emblems to be placed on military Bibles.
12. August 2012 — Lt. Col. Jack Rich of the U.S. Army emails subordinates saying they should be on the lookout for people who share FRC’s values because they are not “Army values.”
13. January 2013 — Obama announces the opposition to a provision in the 2013 National Defense Authorization Act protecting the rights of conscience for military chaplains.
14. April 2013 — Officials briefing U.S. Army soldiers include “Evangelical Christianity” and “Catholicism” along with the terrorist organizations Al-Qaeda, Muslim Brotherhood, and Hamas as examples of “religious extremism.”
15. May 2013 — The Pentagon meets with Mikey Weinstein and the Military Religious Freedom Foundation (MRFF) to establish new rules which would restrict the religious freedom of Christian and Jewish military personnel.
Sadly, this list is just the highlights–and it gets longer every day.
Please, help us fight back against these repressive acts by supporting the American Hero Defense Fund. Every dollar you give to the American Hero Defense Fund will be doubled–matched dollar for dollar–by a $70,000 challenge grant. But we must raise the full $70,000 to receive the grant.
With your help, FRC will vigorously challenge and counter these attacks on the First Amendment rights of our military heroes.
Thank you for standing with America’s heroic men and women!
Standing (Ephesians 6:13),
Remember: Every dollar you give to the American Hero Defense Fund will be doubled–but only if we reach the $70,000 goal.
Family Research Council: 801 G Street N.W. Washington, D.C. 20001
Family Research Council Misrepresents Our Military – Military Association of Atheists and Freethinkers