Source: Orthodox Church in America
In addition to Metropolitan Tikhon, the following hierarchs were in attendance: His Eminence, Archbishop Nathaniel of Detroit and the Romanian Episcopate; His Eminence, Archbishop Nikon of Boston, New England and the Albanian Archdiocese; His Eminence, Archbishop Benjamin of San Francisco and the Diocese of the West; His Eminence, Archbishop Alejo of Mexico City and the Diocese of Mexico; His Eminence, Archbishop Melchisedek of Pittsburgh and the Archdiocese of Western Pennsylvania; His Grace, Bishop Mark of Philadelphia and the Diocese of Eastern Pennsylvania; His Grace, Bishop Michael of New York and the Diocese of New York and New Jersey; His Grace, Bishop Alexander of Toledo and the Bulgarian Diocese; His Grace, Bishop David of Sitka and the Diocese of Alaska; and His Grace, Bishop Irénée of Quebec City, Administrator of the Archdiocese of Canada.
Among the items considered in the deliberations of the Holy Synod were:
- State of the Church Report, presented by Metropolitan Tikhon;
- The convening of a Spiritual Court in the matter of His Eminence, Archbishop Seraphim;
- Diocesan vacancies and Locum Tenencies in the South, the Midwest and Canada;
- Review of vetted candidates for the Episcopacy;
- Matters of clergy discipline;
- Discussion of Paper: “The Ministry of Bishops in the Orthodox Church” by Metropolitan Tikhon;
- Review of the Assembly of Bishops’ Proposals for Canonical Restructuring, in preparation for the Assembly V Meeting in Dallas in September;
- Candidates for Ordination to the Diaconate, proposed by the Board of Theological Education;
- Review of the Agreements between the Orthodox Church in America and its ethnic dioceses; and
- Individual matters of concern by the various diocesan hierarchs.
The next meeting of the Holy Synod is scheduled for October 21-24, 2014 at the OCA Chancery in Syosset, NY.